Brew up a winner with Briarbank
The 2022 Homebrew Competition took place alongside our Amateur Brewers Festival at the weekend, Saturday 30 July, and what a day it was. Thank you to everyone who came down and those who entered the competition. It was again another hard year for the judges, but we’re pleased to announce that it was Stuart Betts who once again took the crown for his creation, ‘For Pauline’, an American IPA, which was entered into the Strong Pales category. Congratulations to Stuart.
It was great to see some new faces enter, along with past winners. Here’s a list of the categories and the winners, congratulations to everyone. You really did make our job a hard one.
- British Dark Beers – Coffee Stout 4.2% – Stout – David Beaton
- Lagers & Pilsners – Geisha Girl 5.3% – Rice Lager – Nick Davis
- Premium Strong Beers 6.5%+ – Singing Revolution 6.8% – Baltic Porter – Nick Davis
- Speciality Light – Memory Jogger 5.0% – Rosemary Pale Ale – Kev Warnes
- Standard Bitters below 4.4% – Chip off the ol’ block 4.0% – Bitter – John Watson
- Strong Bitters 4.5%+ – A Take on London Pride 4.7% – Amber Ale – Jim Gooding
- Strong Pales 4.5%+ – For Pauline 6.2% – American IPA – Stuart Betts –
Our next homebrew competition will again take place alongside our Amateur Brewers Festival on Friday, 9 September 2023 and will start at 5pm.
We’ll be opening up entries soon, so make sure you keep your eyes peeled on our social media pages for details.